Saturday, April 14, 2012

Vicki's Baby Shower Cake

Hello!! :) So I made Vicki's baby shower cake/cupcakes today and it turned out awesome!! I used the chocolate cake recipe that is on the Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa and it was delicious! :)

I made a normal round double-layered cake and used white frosting that I bought (Pillsbury) and colored that a light blue. I used my huge decorations tip to cover the cake and that always works wonderfully! It makes frosting the cake so much easier.

Before all of that, I'd rolled some different sized fondant balls and then painted them with edible pearl glaze to give them a shine. I placed a rubber ducky on top of the frosted cake and then put the fondant bubble balls onto it. It looked adorable! Then I frosted all the cupcakes and put a Peep chick on each of those. The only thing I regret is making the cake so tall. I put the "bubbles" on the cake and closed the box lid and it was too tall and pushed them into the cake somewhat! I was so upset but it still turned out awesome! I got there extremely late but I still think she loved it!





Thank you for reading!

Crystal Doom :]

No comments:

Post a Comment